Exiting AirDroid on ICS

Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
stimpy
OP

Exiting AirDroid on ICS

I'm using Android 4.0.2 on Galaxy Nexus.I cannot close the application and stop the connection (I always have the AirDroid icon in the notification area, and the ip address http://x.x.x.x:8888)

How do I turn off the service that keeps running, when i'm not using AirDroid?

The only way I have found to stop AirDroid from working is by force killing the process...

TIA :)
stimpy
Shaunel1

Title

Having the same issue, AOKP 4.0.4 on a Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
Shaunel1
Ricbe

Title

I've also found that turning the wireless off then on also stop the AirDroid application which is running even after I've stopped using it
Ricbe
Cbees

Title

I also have the Galaxy Nexus, but have yet to encounter this problem. When I stop it it stops and then on the Desktop in my browser it displays a message that the device has stopped the connection.
Cbees
AdsBot [Google]

Title

In AirDroid on device, tap [Back] button and a window will pop up asking confirmation for exiting AirDroid.
AdsBot [Google]
Norimaro

Title

I tried this with my phone, but no confirmation window.
Device : HTC Desire Z.
Otherwise great app.
Norimaro
jpmi23

Title

Agree with this concern. I had signed up a while back as a possible beta tester, and I was sent 1.0.5 before it was released. I sent an email to the devs expressing my concern that - unlike 1.0.4 - there was no obvious way to turn the server off. No response, so I deleted 105, reinstalled 104, and I won't be "upgrading" until the user-friendly "stop server" button is restored....
jpmi23
Ricbe

Title

Ok as stated by Ryan the back button does work ... but I too would like to see a "stop server" button instated or re-instated as mentioned above
Ricbe
Oladik11

Title

Though the back button does work, it's not as good as a true Stop Server button. In addition, the app keeps running as a background process even after properly exited. There's no reason for that. Otherwise wonderful app.
Oladik11
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will make improvement in future update.
AdsBot [Google]
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235395

Latest Member: dhams

Online: 19