Exiting AirDroid on ICS

Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 am in AirDroid Web

page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
jaysonrisk21

Title

∆ I agree with this user as well - I don't want it running at all when I tell it too exit, this is where 3CX droid desktop has you beat.
jaysonrisk21
toychill6

Title

Got same problem... Sometimes it stops with back button, sometimes it doesn't and drains very quickly the battery... Got a Sony Ericsson mk16a with Android 2.3.4 and AirDroid 2.1.0... I'm starting to think to better use the usb cable
toychill6
headselect2

Title

We'll improve this in our next version. Sorry for all the trouble this has caused.
headselect2
alexong2005

Title

This issue was first raised in May 2012. It is now November 2014. In that time, we've had 3 admin responses (one of whom actually tried to justify it) but no action. I shouldn't need to use a 3rd party app just to stop this app from running in the background and I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I didn't enable Find My Phone. Not even the back button stops it for me.

I daresay, being able to exit an application if I want to is not a lot to ask. In fact, I would say it's quite standard. I can't help but feel that this issue and the lack of action to fix it is deliberate, especially given the fact that we had the option to stop it in the past. If this is the case, I find it alarming that you could want to force me to keep it running, especially given the permissions your app has and the amount of access you have to my phone. It's a shame because I was quite happy with Airdroid before I upgraded and this issue started happening for me, however I have no choice but to uninstall it now.

PLEASE fix this issue for the rest of your users. Hopefully, when you say it'll be in the next version, you actually mean it this time (unlike when you said it 2.5 years ago).
blargg likes this post.
alexong2005
blargg

Re: Exiting AirDroid on ICS

Signed up just to chime in a me too. Seeing that they've acknowledged the issue and promised to fix but that it still does it is frustrating. I've disabled all features like update, remote connect, etc. and never signed up or set up an account, never turned on phone locator etc. and it still runs background processes. Like others in this thread, I don't use this daily so having a background process that respawns after I stop it is a deal-breaker. Awesome app but this one aspect kills it for me and I'm uninstalling it a second time. I'll stick to a combination of other apps that provide the features I need. Glad I didn't get any paid features.

EDIT: CS responded that it's necessary to run all the time so that it can open when you connect your computer. But I have to open the app to be able to connect the computer, so this is a non-explanation. I can only think that there is some other reason they want the app running all the time. Thanks but no thanks. I can do without this app.
blargg
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235017

Latest Member: fff

Online: 33