Alert Network Failure when uploading files

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
pasq
OP

Alert Network Failure when uploading files

Hello,
All was ok till now, but now, the connection with the phone is ok, it is possible to navigate into the folders of the phone, also to creat a new folder, but when uploading files ( 2-8Mo ) I get this error message : Network failure

It is the same on 2 differents pcs, one under winXP, the other under linux
Any one else ?
pasq
jreed

Title

I'm getting the same problem. I have two HP touchpads running Cyanogen Mod 7. One works fine. The other behaves exactly as you mention. I can see the files within a folder on the tablet using Airdroid but when I drag and drop a file to upload, I get an "Alert: Network failure" window pop up on the PC (WinXP Prof.).

I tried reloading the app. on the tablet. Same result.
jreed
joshdl85

Title

Same here, but only for a few files. I thought it might be related to file size, or file name length (some of the MP3 files I'm uploading to my Galaxy S2 have really long names), but no, that's not it. The reason is that AirDroid doesn't like colons (:) in the file name, probably because (I think) you can't use colons in file names on Windows (I'm on Linux and colons work fine in file names).

In any case, easy workaround (if you can live with that): Rename the files to not have colons in the name.
joshdl85
mayte

Title

: is not the problem. I am getting the same thing from a Windows machine with no : in my names and the names aren't even that long.
mayte
bhavy

Title

I had the same problem and found out it have to do with the browser
With IE9 i can upload nothingFirefox i get the message "network failure"

chrome it works !!!!!!!
bhavy
rac_1307

Title

I'm using Chrome but I still get the network failure message.
rac_1307
walterax

Title

I'm using both latest versions of Firefox & Airdroid and I still get this "Network Failure" message when I try to upload anything on the phone. However, I have no problem to download any file.
I didn't have this problem before...
Anyone has a solution?
walterax
marcasse

Title

I was experiencing this as well. In the end I change to where the file shall be uploaded. Seems like it is a permission issue.
marcasse
quitmap43

Title

@TwistedPairTech : works like a charm, I used to transfer apps directly to my sd card when I used Gingerbread....sad for all the KitKat restrictions.....now I gotta re-move stuff back to sd card using my file manager...Thanks
quitmap43
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 29