SMS > 160 character showing up in browser with exclamation point instead of splitting and sending

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 am in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
KounRiver

Title

I'm having the exact same issue as @UltimateByte. Nexus 4, Stock 4.4, latest version of airdroid.

Sad times :-(
KounRiver
Neil7943

Title

I've had this problem with 4.3 and now 4.4
Neil7943
Neil7943

Title

I've had this problem with 4.3 and now 4.4
Neil7943
bellzd69

Title

Is there any progress ?
bellzd69
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
If you can't send long SMS, please go to Settings in AirDroid app, turn on "Fix SMS" and try again.

If the long message split into several parts on your side, sorry that this issue won't be fixed soon.

To fix this, you'll need to set AirDroid as the default SMS app. Since there's no SMS function in AirDroid app, you have to change the default SMS every time when you switch from sending SMS via web.aridroid.com to sending SMS directly via your device. Considering the inconvenience this may have caused, this will not be fixed soon.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this have caused :(
LVHAlfons
wave10thumb

Title

Thank you for that fix, the 'fix sms' switch sorted it nicely!
wave10thumb
KHouston

Title

I would like to add my strong support for getting this bug fixed.
Airdroid is a great tool, and though I just started using it, I could see myself spending $20 per year on it easily. I've also already recommended it to friends. But seeing my longer text messages broken up in my texting app as many shorter messages is just really annoying. While I'm happy to learn my messages are not being broken up that way on the recipients' end, this wouldn't seem to be that hard a problem for you guys to solve, in light of what great programmers you must be to have been able to come up with something like this in the first place.

I urge you to make this a priority.

And though this is off-topic, how about also giving us a speakerphone toggle button, so if my phone is sitting next to my computer, I can make calls and answer it without actually picking it up.

Thanks! --Andy W.
KHouston
Dannielle

Title

For me, using the last CM11 nightly, a recent Airdroid update solved the issue. The only problem remaining: the SMS is received in one part, but appears to be sent as multiple small (160 chars) sms.
So the recipient reads a large SMS (fine), but the sender can only see small pieces of his sent SMS.
Dannielle
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235427

Latest Member: Yar khan

Online: 17