SMS > 160 character showing up in browser with exclamation point instead of splitting and sending

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
jameyrolland
OP

Title

This is an annoying problem. We should be able to send messages longer than 160 characters. What are we in, 2002?
Good suggestions Zxurian.
jameyrolland
bbbilal

Title

Hi
having a similar problem, unless im miss understanding description above, if I try and send over 160 charachters the messaged fails, but also in retains the exclamation within the message app on the phone until i send an sms through the phone to that contact...

agree we should be able to send sms greater than 160, but appreciate the coding could take time to resolve...

awesome app though, once you have the 160 resolved I'll get the donate version, it is truly so easy to use and love using it... keep up the good work.. cheers
bbbilal
LVHAlfons

Title

@Zxurian @anon09 @andytremm

1. Does this happen all the time or just a rare case?

2. Do you install other SMS apps? If yes, do they work normally when you send messages?

3. Do you install any permission administration tools which require users to confirm if they send SMS with 3rd apps?

4. Does the system and ROM of your device the official one? If no, what are they? And your device model?
LVHAlfons
uncle

Title

Same thing for me.

@coffee_administrator
1 All the time
2 Nop
3 Nop
4 CM10.2 on LG P990 but same thing in 10.1
uncle
LVHAlfons

Title

@jmiti4

Thanks for your feedback.

This might caused by the custom ROM. We will add an option to split the long SMS into multiple SMS in feature update.
LVHAlfons
smyrnia

Title

Quite different issue : Nexus 5 @ stock 4.4, updatedMessages are shown splitted in my SMS app (Go SMS Pro), but people are recieving it in one SMS, so it's just a display bug for me.

1) Happens all the time
2) Installed Go SMS pro, replacing Hangouts
3) What ?! I guess there is no such thing in 4.4, checked Security and developpers options.
4) Stock ROM as i said

Thanks for helping i love your app so much.
smyrnia
LVHAlfons

Title

@UltimateByte @ValensHawke
Thanks for your feedback. This is a known bug of sending SMS via AirDroid with Android 4.4. We will try to make improvements in future updates.
LVHAlfons
LVHAlfons

Title

@jmiti4 @Zxurian @anon09 @andytremm
We’ve just built a test version for those who fail to
send long message (maybe over 160 characters). It will split the long SMS into
multiple SMS. Would you please help us to do a test about this? If you are willing
to do a test of this, please contact us at [url=mailto:support@airdroid.com]support@airdroid.com[/url].
LVHAlfons
LVHAlfons

Title

@all

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.

On our side, we cannot reproduce your situation, and we've built some test versions for this issue. Some of you who experienced similar situation had helped us do some tests on sending long messages. But no luck. Sorry that we cannot figure out the cause of this issue now.

We will keep looking into this and will try to figure out the cause as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the this : (
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235026

Latest Member: Rafael Furquim

Online: 33