AirDroid v2 - getting "Service stopped by device" error on browser

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm in AirDroid Web

page 4 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
hairmandan

Title

you guys have to rememember that this App was intended so that you didnt have to use your phone while at a desktop! So plug ur phone in and leave it on the App screen. everything is accesible through the Dashboard. Once you have it plugged in ur charging it so its not like leaving it on will drain ur battery. :-B
hairmandan
Zephid15

Title

Same issue here , Galaxy S3 Latest Update Jellybean 4.1.2. Doing what Super_Hubby_sir noted, does NOT resolve the issue
Zephid15
lordfirex

Title

My phone is plugged in and charging all day. My screen does not lock when charging. My browser doesn't get shut down... Why does Airdroid shut down and how does it know that I'm not looking at my phone when it decides to do so?
lordfirex
LetaCorne

Title

Same issue here. It really started getting bad with the latest update and actually seems to be getting worse. Sometimes I can only stay connected for 30-40 seconds at a time. Before the update I was literally able to stay connected for an indefinite period of time.
I absolutely love this app, but it is so hard to use efficiently now.

Running it on an HTC One with Android 4.1.2
LetaCorne
andyjp81

Title

@Super_Hubby_Sir: No. The app runs fine with the screen off, it runs as a service on the device and works perfectly while on battery. The problem is that this update was a regression (i.e. downgrade, in the sense that what previously worked in version 1 no longer does).

Right now my phone is locked, not plugged in and perfectly working on v1. I can log in flawlessly, send messages flawlessly and it's been running for over an hour like this.

In v2, it doesn't matter if it's plugged in, on the app screen or anything the service stops. (That's right, the service, not the app, the part of the app that runs in the background while you're in other apps STOPS and your browser loses connection to it).

What's more is that this problem was around since the get-go (of v2). There have been hundreds of threads and many many more people complaining that the app is no longer usable for them and the AirDroid developers seem to have a different agenda in mind.

I was already on pause when this new version of the app totally removed the OPTION to have a keycode login, you now MUST have physical access to the device to log in, which in a sense is GOOD, but since there's no option, i can't leave my phone charging in my home network at one location and access it from my desk at another location, rendering it LESS USEFUL.

Then comes the agenda of pushing their online service. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not send all my text messages / personal information through a 3rd party's servers if at all possible. Yet this update seems to be pushing exclusive features to entice people to move their use of the application through the web portal. What is AirDroid doing with your information?

There has been NO official response or RECOGNITION that this is a problem, none what-so-ever from them. They don't even give a flying f***, they had the best app on the market and they crippled it to push their agenda without considering or caring about their customer base.

I think I am done waiting for this company to fix their s***, nothing to see here, move along.
andyjp81
catherinessa

Title

If you look at all the forums this issue has been going for about 19 months with zero sign of resolution. The only response I ever got from the devs is that they're looking into it. I'm sorry but if it isn't resolved after 19 months you're not. My guess is that it's happening to onlyt a few people and as long as the majority of their users are fine they'll just ignore it.

The lack of input from the devs tells me they just don't care.
catherinessa
LVHAlfons

Title

@ALL
Thanks for your feedback and really sorry for the inconvenience this have caused and the late reply.

Usually this issue is related to the network environment, and power saving mode on device may cause this, too. Please check if you have set any power saving mode on your device. You may keep screen awake to avoid network being cut off.

Because we cannot reproduce your issue. So if you guys could offer us more details, such as what operation and factors will lead to this, we can figure out the cause and fix it more efficiently.

And we've fixed some bugs and some improvements are made since V2 was released. The latest version of AirDroid is 2.0.6. Would you please update AirDroid to the latest version and try if the issue still remains?

If yes, how long will this error message appear and more details?
LVHAlfons
catherinessa

Title

I have checked every single power saving setting, and none are enabled. I even have an app which forces WiFi to stay live. Your solution of keeping the screen awake is ridiculous. In other words I have to not only keep your app in the foreground but keep the screen awake so that I kill my battery and destroy security on my device.

As to operation and factors. I open AirDroid on the device then use the QR to sign in via my browser. I then press home, turn off the screen and put my device down. That's it. After a few minutes, AirDroid dies on the device.

I am running 2.0.6 and issue persists. AirDroid only stays active for 5-12 minutes. Seems pretty random. It does the same whether I leave the device alone or use it as normal.

What I don't get is how I have at least 3 apps that run permanently on my device and never do this. AirDroid can't. Perhaps you need to find out what those apps do to keep alive and do it in AirDroid.
Oh and I have recommended this app to numerous people and they have the same problem.

But I am leaving AirDroid and will return when I see this is resolved. Until then goodbye AirDroid.
catherinessa
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235021

Latest Member: W.R-以藏-

Online: 41