AirDroid2 Crashes Immediately After Opening on HTC OneX

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to
DannyG
OP

AirDroid2 Crashes Immediately After Opening on HTC OneX

Hi There,
I managed to log in and create an account successfully. However, now when I launch the AirDroid application on my HTC OneX it crashes out.

It looks like it starts the AirDroid service in the background as I get a notification telling me so, but then it goes away after the crash.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Danny
DannyG
titi

Title

Ditto, with a stock Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile UK) on Android 4.1.1. I see the splash screen, then (very briefly) the "devices" screen, then a black screen, then it crashed. Same after a clean boot.
I uninstalled and reinstalled; same result ultimately. After this, Touchwiz crashed too...

Disappointing really, this was one of my most-used apps (until the latest update). Hint: I am definitely ready to pay for a working version. :)
titi
Melodylion

Title

Are either of you using a type of wifi sharing as opposed to connecting to a physical router? It seems to me that the program works fine until I try to use it with a laptop acting as an access point, rather than a physical router. After connecting to this type of network once, the program will crash every single time it's launched, regardless of whether wifi is even enabled.
Mike
Melodylion
Kane

Title

Same here. HTC One X and AirDroid crashes as soon as I try to open it.
Kane
titi

Title

@Netrilix: No, I get this when connecting to ordinary wifi routers. So far I've tried a Cisco and a ZyXEL.
titi
maddjesus

Title

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, gets as far as the splash screen, sometimes as far as the Login/Skip screen then freezes until the tablet reboots itself.
Sometimes I get as far as pressing 'skip', the screen goes black, flashes the main program screen then goes black again. Tablet becomes totally unresponsive as is it were off, then I have to hold the power key until the tablet reboots.

Cleared application data & cache, uninstalled, re-installed with the same results.

Beta version 'seemed' to work correctly.
maddjesus
HTC

Title

Sadly excactly the same problem here.
HTC OneXL

Crash as soon as you log in.
HTC
HTC

Title

Just looked at the diangnostic errors and it seems to be an out of memory error althogh ther eis plenty in this phone!
HTC
LeGallois

Title

This is annoying me too, worked fine before the update.

Now I can't uninstall it either, wants me to deactivate it first... WTF?
LeGallois
DrDivo

Title

Same problem here on my Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD. Glad I have a copy of version 1 thanks to Titanium Backup. Going back to that now with no problems. Hoping the devs don't force an upgrade any time soon.
DrDivo
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235021

Latest Member: W.R-以藏-

Online: 42