Failed to connect to your device, you may try... (but it used to work)

Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
marcinciez
OP

Failed to connect to your device, you may try... (but it used to work)

AirDroid cannot connect to my device wither when my device is connected to WiFi or 3G. All I know at this stage that it used to work in AirDroid 1 and AirDroid Beta.

Anyone in a similar situation?
marcinciez
bobc

Title

Same here. V2 worked for one day but since then every time I log in to the web interface it can't find my tablet, even if it's right beside the PC on an unsecured WiFi network.
bobc
MairaUrp

Title

Same here. Up until yesterday, I was able to login through the web without opening the app; now I have to keep going to the app and starting it first before logging in.
MairaUrp
Audidude

Title

Just to add, I have even tried scanning the QR code and no luck logging in that way either. Airdroid devs, I'm happy to help resolving this issue if you just give me something to go on.
Audidude
gedgehead

Title

The same here. Really disappointing. I cam glad in a way that I am not the only one, but it doesn't solve my current predicament. Is there a fix?
gedgehead
EdgarRide

Title

Yep. Me too. Exactly the same as pickarooney and marcinciez . It worked the first day and won't work any more. Not even the qr code..
"Lite mode" connects but it basically useless since it seems to only allow you to see the most recent dozen or so photos.
EdgarRide
jjjensen38

Title

Hi,
I enabled Internet (Packet Data) on my mobile and I am not able to access my android phone remotely through browser using Air Droid 2. But this piece of Software is working fine within the same local network (Wi-Fi).

Any clues / suggestions how to access Android device thru browser.

Thanks,
jjjensen38
Audidude

Title

I have got my airdroid working. However I do have an issue (more on this later).

I looked at the discussion in http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/9367/airdroid-2-can039t-connect-over-mobile-data#Item_45 and realised that the issues may be similar. I cleared the airdroid cache on my phone and switched off wifi and restarted airdroid. Chrome web.airdroid.com connected successfully. (at no stage did I clear Chrome cache)

To get wifi working, I had to restart airdroid on the phone and again, no issues. This was on the same network.

When I'm at work, I have my phone connected to wifi on one network, and my pc connected to lan on another, and this is probably why I couldn't get access. But the issue persisted when I tried mobile network.. so maybe the caching issue needs to be fixed.

The main issue I have, it would be great for web.airdroid.com, to try and access the mobile through wifi and upon failure, try the mobile data (with user choice of course). And this would be great without having to restart airdroid on the phone.

Hopefully this will help some people here. I still wish the devs said hello once in a while on this forum.
Audidude
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235470

Latest Member: SaraM1980

Online: 93