Erase all data?

Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:11 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
pizzil
OP

Erase all data?

Not that I want to, but if my phone were stolen, how would I use Airdroid to erase all data. Program descriptions mention this feature, but I can't seem ot find out how I would do it.
pizzil
hmm

Title

I also have the same question....I have seen this option work but only when i open the app on my phone. How would that work when someone steals it? it's not like the thief would just open the app so i can find him. If we give the app super-user permissions, at least let it control when the app opens and closes. And i also saw in another post the option to hide the app icon when the remote control is on. that way a phone could be reaquired, or at least the data erased in a few small steps.
hmm
NatishaMa

Title

I have the same questions about erasing the tablet if it is lost or stolen, but I don't see an answer anywhere. How does it work?
NatishaMa
LVHAlfons

Title

If you register an account, and you have signed in AirDroid on your lost phone and the phone is connected to the network, then you can try Find Phone feature.

Sign in to web.airdroid.com > click Find Phone > enter your AirDroid password again, then click the green dot, you'll see 4 features of Find Phone.

Click Wipe, enter your password and your data will be wiped remotely.

Do not test this unless necessary. The erased data could not be recovered by AirDroid.
LVHAlfons
kk4955

Title

So, I can't find the "last location" of my phone, if the thief turned it off?
kk4955
LVHAlfons

Title

In next update, you will be required to enter your AirDroid password when you try to turn off "Find Phone" on your device.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235381

Latest Member: Ts

Online: 8