Revenue model?

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
charles_dyfis_net
OP

Revenue model?

Howdy --
What's the revenue model for AirDroid?

I'm generally comfortable with open source software, or with commercial software with an obvious revenue stream (making it clear "who the customer is") -- but what's the revenue model for AirDroid? I don't mean to be paranoid, but giving the level of permissions necessary to maintain this level of functionality and service to a piece of software maintained by someone whose motivations I don't know leaves me a little uncomfortable.

Thanks!
charles_dyfis_net
rcocchiararo

Title

Do not underestimate Donations. On some of the biggest 'free' blogs/sites out there, donation's count for a huge % of income -- if not 100% of it.

We're being given some for free, and yet there are still people out there who 'feel uncomfortable' about that. Would you rather they charged you?
rcocchiararo
Greytail

Title

I, too wonder about the motives of Airdroid. I don't see a donate button and there are no ads. There's no paid version, no mention of why or if it's free and no hippy-love free software for all statement.
If they are driving toward a paid model I'm cool with that. I would like someone from the dev team to make their intentions clear.
Greytail
airshap

Title

I use this app so often, I came here to try and find out how to get them money. I, also, cannot find a donate button, and there is no paid version. I love the app as it stands with no ads, but how can they produce and maintain such a great app for no money!
airshap
Christophe

Title

I agree, would really like to know if there are plans to monetize airdroid. The app is absolutely awesome and I'd happily pay for a donation version:)
Christophe
Christophe

Title

Just found an Admin post:

Thanks very much @JonathanXS.

Please accept my apology for this late response guys. I know this may sound like a cliché but really we are a small team and sorry that we didn't manage to spend more time checking and replying all the posts on this forum.

We totally understand your concern on security. Since first release we've always been committed to protecting your privacy and giving you the confidence that your information is secure while using AirDroid. We never did, and never will, collect and sell private date to profit.

AirDroid remains free because it is still in beta and we don't think it's good enough. We are still developing new features and yes, we are also exploring ways to keep it going including apps promotion and advertising.

Please rest assured that we are not earning money by selling your personal data. And thanks to all you beta testers for your kind feedback, suggestions, translations and donations. We are honored to have you.

Stay tuned and enjoy AirDroid.
Christophe
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235028

Latest Member: Jasika

Online: 25