Security concerns on remote on-demand camera for free.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
mrclemson
OP

Security concerns on remote on-demand camera for free.

Hi, I guess I am running into a situation that someone else might have already experienced; but I did a search, ended up with no direct solutions.

My goal is to be able to turn on and off the camera on-demand remotely; and do it for free. So I set up a dynamic IP address, along with a port pass through on my router, so it works. Since I want to make sure it's truly on-demand, ie, nobody has to press confirm on the Android device, I disabled that option too. So everything works with one thing: now anyone who happens to know the IP address (or the domain name) along with port can potentially login and turn on the camera, and even other things - I don't have anything important on that Nexus 7 (2nd gen), but having that thoughts just makes me sick.

I know the right answer is to become a paid user, and at the price of $1.99/month, it's something I can definitely afford. But I still wonder whether there is an alternative. Ideally, I want to be asked for a username/password or just a password before I can access the remote desktop.

Not sure whether AirDroid should shut down this backdoor - is it even technically possible?

Thanks.
mrclemson
LVHAlfons

Title

@mrclemson Potential security risks do exist if you turn the "Require confirmation" off. To ensure your data's security, we recommend you turn it on. If you do want to control your camera remotely and safely, the Remote Connection mode is a better choice.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235038

Latest Member: muzzameil

Online: 26