Some kind of alert for incoming MMS

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Tiwas
OP

Some kind of alert for incoming MMS

Is it possible to at least get some sort of alert when a new MMS arrives? I can understand there are difficulties with MMS display, but a notification would be perfect :)
Tiwas
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Tiwas,
If you device is running Android 4.0 and later, you may try Notification Mirror. It allows you to view all the app and system notifications on your computer.

More detailed guide: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/porta ... ion-mirror

Feel free to let us know if you need more help : )
LVHAlfons
pizzas62mint

Title

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I already had that enabled, so I turned on desktop notifications...and then the notifications stopped alltogether ;) At least the test notifications didn't show through. I unchecked everything except:
* Google Play Store
* Android System
* Email
* CM Updater
* Timely
* System UI
* Dialer
* Kitchen timer
* Messenger
* Themer
* Instagram
* Telefonterror.no - Proff (service to block sales calls)
* LinkedIn
* DEFA Link (to get alerts if I forget to insert the power to the car heater)
* chompSMS
* Nights Keeper

Any idea why the test isn't coming through to the computer? I just noticed other messages coming through while I was typing this - but still think it may be of interest to others if they're using the test notification to see if it's working ;)
pizzas62mint
pizzas62mint

Title

Update: So I send myself an MMS, and I got a little notification...but it's 1: very brief and 2: no indication of it being an MMS.

Wouldn't it be better to show a block or something inline in airdroid just saying "You received an MMS. At the current time we can not display these, so please check your phone." or something like it?
pizzas62mint
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235429

Latest Member: peyman

Online: 32