Stolen phone features

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:38 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Roi Berkovich
OP

Stolen phone features

Hi,
unfortunately, last week my phone got stolen. I didn't have any remote software installed apart from airdroid.
I called the police and wanted to give them an accurate address but had location problems so I got resolution of 1500M which is untraceable.
In addition, due to bad signal, the phone has disconnected several times.

My conclusions and offers for development are:
1. Add the option to connect silently to the phone. the fact the i kept reconnecting must have drawn the attention of the thief because it beeped every time, so finally he had cut off the 3g.
2. Add a button that allows to control GPS accuracy, it would have definitely saved my stolen phone. I couldn't find any other software that enables it remotely.
3. On the find my phone , add an option to send command to the phone to send the server location next time its online.
scenario: phone got stolen and turned off -> cant locate phone. thief connects at night while i'm asleep, device sends location to the server. thief disconnects. I wake up and get the last known location -> can call the police.
4. (a huge extra) allow remote control of the device from web (translate mouse clicks to touch on screen. great for : shattered screens, remote install apps, change settings, etc...

I really love your app!! :)

a satisfied premium user,
thanks

Roi
Roi Berkovich
Lillian Admin

Re: Stolen phone features

Hi,
unfortunately, last week my phone got stolen. I didn't have any remote software installed apart from airdroid.
I called the police and wanted to give them an accurate address but had location problems so I got resolution of 1500M which is untraceable.
In addition, due to bad signal, the phone has disconnected several times.

My conclusions and offers for development are:
1. Add the option to connect silently to the phone. the fact the i kept reconnecting must have drawn the attention of the thief because it beeped every time, so finally he had cut off the 3g.
2. Add a button that allows to control GPS accuracy, it would have definitely saved my stolen phone. I couldn't find any other software that enables it remotely.
3. On the find my phone , add an option to send command to the phone to send the server location next time its online.
scenario: phone got stolen and turned off -> cant locate phone. thief connects at night while i'm asleep, device sends location to the server. thief disconnects. I wake up and get the last known location -> can call the police.
4. (a huge extra) allow remote control of the device from web (translate mouse clicks to touch on screen. great for : shattered screens, remote install apps, change settings, etc...

I really love your app!! Image

a satisfied premium user,
thanks

Roi

Hi Roi, Deeply sorry to see you go. When fails to locate the lost phone, there may be two reasons:
1. Google map or GPS is working adnormally or turned off on your Android device.
2. disability to access to Wi-Fi & mobile network location in Settings >Location access.
You can try to set Lost Mode: Lock your phone with a passcode and show owner information on the screen. (To exit lost mode, click Unlock), and Intruder: Take the photo of the intruder who failed to unlock your phone twice. (You should set "Lost Mode" first). These twe feature effectively helps to find the phone back. Here's the post for more info about the Find Phone feature:http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15926
As for your suggestions:connecting to the phone silently,GPS accuracy, and sending the server the location, we will seriously discuss within our team and try to improve it in the future.
Sorry again for your losing the phone Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235038

Latest Member: muzzameil

Online: 26