Gmail (email) support

Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:04 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
BassBoi
OP

Gmail (email) support

Will AirDroid support reading and writing an emails via gmail account?
BassBoi
ycodryn

Title

Even if it just prompted me that I had recieved an email and that I could read it that would be great too
ycodryn
JuniorMessias

Title

I honestly don't see what the point in that would be? If you have your web browser open to see AirDroid then why not just have a gmail tab open too?
JuniorMessias
SDdeckoff

Title

good
SDdeckoff
droiduser123

Title

Because of one good reason, when you are on a corporate network, behind proxy, and filtered gateway, you can't access your gmail account, gtalk, calendar, tasks etc... so why not to have it as plugin to airdroid, I would use it for sure :-)
droiduser123
Protonus

Title

I agree with PromaneX. Why not just access your emails with your phone. Or maybe wait until you are at home
Protonus
migan95

Title

This would be huge for me. I've got a need to access gmail heavily for one month a year. I don't have Internet access and can do it through my phone but I would much prefer to use my laptop to type the messages. Access to browse via the phone would also be outstanding...
migan95
Andmart

Title

I agree that accessing GMail with AirDroid would be something great. And the user at work wouldn't need to go trough the corporate network with it's Gogole credential, and show to all sysadmin that he went to see it's private email.
Andmart
Ciapek

Title

I would love to see this integration for Kaiten or K9 Mail. Even a simple notification with sender name and subject line would suffice for me.Here is my user scenario - My phone mostly remains plugged into a wall outlet near a window (the only place I get a decent signal), while I am at work on my laptop some 12-14 feet away. For calls, I use a bluetooth headset. For SMS, i rely on Airdroid. However, there is nothing for email alerts. And it is a pain to get up and go check every time there a new mail.
I bought the Sony Liveview which, in theory, would have solved this problem. But it is the buggiest POS i have seen and simply does not work.

Anyway, keeping multiple browser windows to check email sounds... inefficient. i have got 4 accounts on to Kaiten.
Airdroid would be perfect for remote email alerts. If the email needs urgently replying, I could do it from my comp... or ignore it otherwise. Would save me a trip to the phone!

Btw, about access restrictions on corporate networks and getting logged by system admins... wouldn't your phone have to be on that very same network for Airdroid to connect? Which means, the same restrictions would apply if you want to, say, reply using a private Gmail account via your phone using Airdroid...
Ciapek
swkim728

Title

I agree with Mickel, I would love to see airdroid with email integration. More privacy [-O<
swkim728
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 33