AirDroid 3 on linux desktop

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:05 pm in Feature Requests

page 7 / 11 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 >> go to
bendikrb

Re: AirDroid 3 on linux desktop

Sorry to say that AirDroid desktop client for Linux is not in the plan right now. But you can just open a brower on your Linux, sign in to web.airdroid.com and enjoy using AirDroid :D 

Well, awesome then! Then why wouldn't you focus on the HTML5/JS version, and move towards a multi platform code base (using node-webkit)? The in-browser approach isn't really viable, atleast not for me.
bendikrb
Coffee Admin

Well, awesome then! Then why wouldn't you focus on the HTML5/JS version, and move towards a multi platform code base (using node-webkit)? The in-browser approach isn't really viable, atleast not for me. 

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll have a try and assess the feasibility :)
Coffee
Admin
Hans

+2 here (me and my wife)
The web version is adequate, but having full access to the phone via Linux PC would be great.
Like others have mentioned, if you release an API I would be willing to contribute to a port.
Hans
Michael Leung

my request too,
as a Deep Linux User . we needed a client for Linux , so that can support all features like Windows and Mac OS do . such as reply whatsapp message from client .

BTW , any one knows does it support for wechat too ?
Michael Leung
LJ Dellar

+1 here also.
LJ Dellar
Jiří Doubravský

+1 ... btw what about chrome extension like Pushbullets? Its multiplatform solution.
Jiří Doubravský
kathrynne666

+1

It's the first time in about 7 years I envy Win/Mac users.
kathrynne666
rav_kr

+1 Please make Linux version for AirMirror
rav_kr
Aerion

Another vote for a native Linux client.

There are a number of great cross platform toolkits available, e.g., Qt, to make apps like this available on multiple operating systems, why not focus on that, instead of perfecting Windows and Mac clients but leaving Linux users in the cold?

Your response to just use the web client is not helpful as, while it is a useful and great product in and of itself, it sorely lacks the features offered by the standalone desktop client, with AirMirror the most useful one.
Aerion
Galaxy S4

Adding my voice to the native Linux client chorus. I use a mac desktop on a semi-regular basis and the client there is great. However Linux is my main operating system on both my desktop and laptop. I also install it, weather another OS is being installed or not, on any other computer, PC and Mac, that I get my hands on. The Chrome extension works good, and it's better than using Airdroid inside a browser window, however a native linux client that minimizes to the tray is what I'm really after.

I can honestly say that the absence of Linux client is what's holding me back from paying for the premium version of Airdroid. I wouldn't pay for the file transfer cap removal, as I have that covered with other free apps, but the other premium features seem useful enough that I'd gladly pay $20 for a yearly subscription if I could utilize them natively in Linux. I use OSX on my PC (hackintosh) as a novelty, and I avoid Windows like the plague.

I might consider a premium subscription if you released a Firefox version of the extension you've made available in Chrome. As a Firefox user I tend not to think to launch Chrome until I need Airdroid for something, at which point I have to go out of my way to get to it. Something which loaded at startup and stayed in my system tray automatically would be the most desirable option. Barring that at least a Firefox app that I could launch right after my browser loads would be the next best thing.

I know you keep saying that Linux isn't in the works but I honestly hope you reconsider, preferably sooner rather than later. We don't have the market cornered, but the Linux user base is growing at a considerable rate. Linux is also the preferred OS of just the type of power user that your app has a great appeal to. If you refuse to touch linux I hope you at least consider making plug ins for other browsers aside from Chrome (especially Firefox, which does have a large, established user base within the Linux community).

Until then we'll just have to pester you by bumping this tread until you cave in or somebody releases a comparable app with full Linux support. Hopefully it's the former.
Galaxy S4
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 7 / 11 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235047

Latest Member: rishita Chanu

Online: 36