[request] Whatsapp & FB-messager integration and other small requests

Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:19 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Jannick
OP

[request] Whatsapp & FB-messager integration and other small requests

First of all I'd like to say I really like this app.
I recently rooted my phone and AirMirror is a really handy tool.

Now I was wondering: is it possible to integrate whatsapp and FB messenger the same way as you guys did for texting (SMS)?
Although you can respond to messages by running AirMirror, it would be cool when I can apply the same method to respond to Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations as I can already do with SMS messages: see the message in the pop-up screen and quick reply in that same screen.
Why I'd like to see this happen? Because I know a lot of people who don't want to root their phones (or are just not into a little tweaking) and most of them end up using pushbullet, which is able to do it the way as I described here (so no mirroring needed).

Also, if the above is not possible, I'd like to know that in the next release, when clicking on the pop-up notification screen or on the notification in the notification center, it is possible that AirMirror launches and the corresponding app on the phone opens automatically? So actually that the airdroid notifications work the same way as in the "action centre" on an android device.
I also noticed that if you open airdroid on windows and go to the notifications, nothing happens if you click on it. You always have to go to AirMirror yourself. It is not really a problem, but I think it'd be a better user experience the way as stated above.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts. You guys already did an amazing job so far.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!
5 people like this post.
Jannick
Seb

Re: [request] Whatsapp & FB-messager integration and other small requests

Exactly what I came here for. Most people use Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, me personally use Messenger over SMMS too.
2 people like this post.
Seb
Coffee Admin

@jannick @seb

Hi, AirDroid Win/Mac supports replying to WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger messages directly from the notification pop-ups (requires Android 4.4+). You can find more info here: [Help & FAQ] How to Reply to WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger/Kik/Telegram Messages?
3 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

First of all I'd like to say I really like this app.

Now I was wondering: is it possible to integrate whatsapp and FB messenger the same way as you guys did for texting (SMS)?
Although you can respond to messages by running AirMirror, it would be cool when I can apply the same method to respond to Facebook conversations and whatsapp conversations as I can already do with SMS messages: see the message in the pop-up screen and quick reply in that same screen.
Why I'd like to see this happen? Because I know a lot of people who don't want to root their phones (or are just not into a little tweaking) and most of them end up using pushbullet, which is able to do it the way as I described here (so no mirroring needed).

Also, if the above is not possible, I'd like to know that in the next release, when clicking on the pop-up notification screen or on the notification in the notification center, it is possible that AirMirror launches and the corresponding app on the phone opens automatically? So actually that the airdroid notifications work the same way as in the "action centre" on an android device.
I also noticed that if you open airdroid on windows and go to the notifications, nothing happens if you click on it. You always have to go to AirMirror yourself. It is not really a problem, but I think it'd be a better user experience the way as stated above.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts. You guys already did an amazing job so far.

As to the notification center in AirDroid Win/Mac, it only displays the notification history. You can't launch AirMirror here. Sorry about that.

You can enable Click notification to launch AirMirror if you want:

Coffee
Admin
Jannick

@Coffee

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately my device (samsung GT-i8730) is running old and is still using android 4.1.2 and doesn't receive updates anymore.
It's a pitty that I'll have to tweak this phone myself and install CM11 or 12 on it to be able to use the whatsapp and FB messenger abilities of Airdroid.
I managed to root my phone fairly easily, but installing a custom ROM looks a lot harder for a noob like myself.
Anyhow, I'll try it out sometime soon.
xakep likes this post.
Jannick
omarshebli

Jannick wrote:First of all I'd like to say I really like this app.

omarshebli
yani sony

whatsapp
yani sony
terry

Io non vedo Wathsapp sul PC com mai?
terry
Lillian Admin

Io non vedo Wathsapp sul PC com mai?

Hi, pls check this post to see if it helps: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15930
Lillian
Admin
bidinlos

yani sony wrote:whatsapp
bidinlos
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876