Developer API/Plugin Support

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
bericp1
OP

Developer API/Plugin Support

Support for developer and third party add ons would be great. Shouldn't be too hard to implement but I didn't build AirDroid so I wouldn't know. :D
bericp1
suresh270

Title

I came here to make the same suggestion. This would lift a lot of weight off the developer team of AirDroid for "supporting x, y, z" if they had a plugin system to allow "x, y, z" to run themselves. On the other hand, creating a efficient and well designed API/Plugin system is not trivial either.

A similar request ticket here: http://airdroid.com/forum/discussion/177
suresh270
KhaledBk

Title

+1 for the plugin system. This would allow third party developers to enrich the system even more. There would be hundreds of Android apps that could faciliate and benefit from the AirDroid interface. Also, AirDroid would get much more spreaded since third party developers would advertise their AirDroid support.
KhaledBk
colorist48

Title

+1 for API!
I wanted to run AirDroid on a single desktop (Windows 8), so I attempted to write a quick and dirty app, embedding a webview... but Metro-based apps won't allow ActiveX controls! But dealing with the API could solve my problem, and over it all, it would allow plenty of developpers to enrich AirDroid usages even more!
colorist48
Lavaomen

Title

+1 for API and plugins.
Android has so much data can be display.
Lavaomen
ChristianU

Title

+1 on the pluggable API.
I mean, AirDroid essentially just turns your Android device into a WebServer. Allowing 3rd party webapps to be installed on that webserver could really be powerful, and groundbreaking.
ChristianU
ChristianU

Title

ChristianU
ajconcepts

Title

One of these days I'll sit down with fiddler or something like that and reverse engineer the web calls that are being made. It will make life a lot easier me, to be able to write a small app that lets me connect my many apps that need to transfer files over to the Android tablet, rather than me having to open up the web browser every time and manually transfer the files over from my MacBook Pro.
Of course, I'm imagining that the ultimate core web calls are wget or something like that. Lots of work, but worth it, in light of the absence of a dev api.
ajconcepts
buttie

Title

haha
I was thinking in this too xD
buttie
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876