Initiate calls from browser

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 am in Feature Requests

page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
danny_ffm

Title

I've been searching for an app that will let me initiate calls from my pc. Your product is easily the nicest, but still none of them support the feature. A competitor said they can if the phone is rooted. So I'm guessing this is an Android limitation?
danny_ffm
fhd2020

Title

Hi. I would like the app to do the following and i will pay for the development..

Be able to remotely make calls through my phone from my computer.

e.g. i am in Italy and my phone is in france plugged in and app is loaded. I can, through a client or a website then call numbers from my mobile and speak and listen through my computer.

Why do i want to do this?

I live in Italy and i spend most of the day calling UK mobiles = 8c per min on skype so monthly it costs a LOT. In the uk i can have an unlimited minutes to uk mobiles contract for £60 per month. If i could use these minutes from a remote location i would save a lot of money.

I do not mind jailbreaking the a phone

please let me know

chris
fhd2020
ocen

Title

Yeee making and receiving calls would be awsome. The app is very good
ocen
melvinmg11

Title

One more +1.

My old Nokia phone was able to do this with a propriotary software sitting on pc and I used it regurlary while working.
melvinmg11
Cyberrat

Title

+1
Cyberrat
koomikko

Title

Yes, making calls from computer would be great.
+1

@cjpwoo:
1. In airdroid descriptions it's written that you can only use it when phone and pc are on the same LAN.
2.You cannot jailbreak an android device: jailbreak is for iPhones, iPods and iPads. The procedure to gain superuser access and complete device administration on android is called "rooting"
koomikko
chaos76

Title

+1 - would love this feature, would make this app full-featured!
= Scott =
chaos76
Kerry5

Title

This would be great, but it I would prefer if it also allowed me to use my computer's speakers and mic for making calls.
Kerry5
KristianVm

Title

Any chance of a response from the developers?
KristianVm
syunsyun

Title

+1!
syunsyun
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235391

Latest Member: Mahshid Farahbakhsh