Notification Disable (on phone)

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Agrajag
OP

Notification Disable (on phone)

Hello,

Thank you for AirDroid. I just found it and am trying it out now. However, there is one issue that might keep me from using it.

I have a Droid RAZR (and a Droid before that) and insist on using the LED notifications so that I know from a glance across the room who has sent me a text message. The problem with apps that do SMS via PC is that I'll get the text here and respond to it (or not) but the notification still stays active on my phone with the LED blinking endlessly. This both uses battery and annoys me when the phone is near me so then I need to go in manually and look at the screen to turn it off.

It would be incredibly useful to those like me for the client to know that we've seen the message and to send notification of that to the phone application to turn off that notification. Furthermore, when I get the message on my phone it should turn off the notification on my desktop.

My understanding is that no app can turn off the notifications of another app. My thinking is, could AirDroid take over that functionality on its phone app so that we can just disable that function in our SMS apps and use the one in AirDroid? This would require adding some basic colored notification icons and supporting notification LED colors (including custom) and blink rates.

If you look at the reviews of the apps that provide this functionality, the above complaint is found quite often for every one of those apps.

Can this be done?
Agrajag
nicole

Title

Same problem with Galaxy Ace, running 2.3.6. I receive/send a message using the system, but the notification pop-up on the phone remains even disconnecting from airdroid, for many hours.
nicole
lashaun1975

Title

+1 for Xperia S phone (LT26i) - is there anybody who knows how to resolve the problem? I'd be very grateful.

Regards
lashaun1975
snwright

Title

+1 here
Very annoying to have to clear notifications on phone after every sms or email.
snwright
HannesB

Title

+1 to this. I know that TabletTalk has the ability to mark notifications and texts as read so it may not be so difficult to implement.
HannesB
drdorsey

Title

Couldn't agree more with this feature suggestion! It would be awesome if somehow notifications were cleared on my phone when I already viewed it on AirDroid. I have a Moto X.
drdorsey
Dong7691

Title

+1
Dong7691
AndresLew

Title

+1
AndresLew
LVHAlfons

Title

@all
Thanks for your suggestion. AirDroid now do not support this. We've gathered your feature request and will try to make improvements in future updates. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions about AirDroid :)
LVHAlfons
Naushadfun

Re: Notification Disable (on phone)

if your battery drain fast and need solution then Buy Best Power Bannk in India under 500, 1000, 1500 with 10,000mah & 20,000mah Power capacity
Naushadfun
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 63