Access to the external SD card on ICS

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:19 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
MilesTEG1
OP

Access to the external SD card on ICS

It should be a great idea to have an access to the external sd card on ICS.It is located in /emmc/ or /mnt/emmc/.

What dou you think about that ?
MilesTEG1
Speen

Title

Not only for ICS !!!! we need this functionality even for HC and other previous releases.
Speen
sckissors

Title

YES!! Please give us this feature.

It's strange not to be able to read your external sd just because it is in a different directory.

Isn't that easy to fix?
sckissors
gobojo

Title

+1 for this functions!!!
gobojo
Release

Title

jastonas: Technically if your rooted you could probably link /mnt/emmc to /mnt/sdcard I guess unless the phone uses a partition from the internal memory mounted on /mnt/sdcard, I'm on ICS and my /mnt/sdcard works fine. Although I think this would be considered a bug report seeing as how AirDroid already can access the SD card on many phones.
Release
hello6

Title

"cross-device linking not allowed" -- even on rooted ICS. Lack of external SD support is for me the biggest drawback in this app. Other similar apps have it, and I'm leaning towards using something else until airdroid incorporates this 'feature'
hello6
G_will

Title

My phone is LG Optimus 2x P990 and currently on CM9 ICS rom. The strange thing is my internal SD card 8gb (actually 5.xx Gb) considered as SD card (mnt/sdcard) and my real external SD card 32gb ( 29.xx Gb) is considered as Internal storage. In Storage settings, it's only shown as Internal storage and shown Used space and Available space, unlike the real internal storage 1.6gb and the sd card 8gb show apps used space, photo used space etc. Any idea how to fix that ? Thanks in advance, any comment would be highly appreciated.
G_will
sam_fernando

Title

I remember when I used Gingerbread MIUI and used Airdroid I would see my internal SD Card and within a folder mnt_sdcard or something like that don't quite remember but I had full access to my external SD Card which was awesome. Now I am on CM9 for Atrix and I have lost that feature, and I wish I knew how it works.
sam_fernando
Steffen

Title

+1
I'm also on a CM9 ROM and I'm also not able to access to the external sd card since it's mounted to /mnt/emmc ... I'd like to see an update for this issue ;)
I also could live with an advanced option for the file explorer where I can access the root folders of the device on my own .... please help us with this one!!!
Steffen
mohataha

Title

Also on cm9. This would make this app much, much more worthwhile. Just need a "desktop" link to /emmc
mohataha
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235382

Latest Member: Nway Khant

Online: 19