ROOT browser [feature request]

Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
steeljackrabbit
OP

ROOT browser [feature request]

yeah, pretty much self explanatory, ability to explore the android internal file system for rooted devices would be nice
steeljackrabbit
Leoroy55

Title

Probably not a good idea to be messing with the Android filesystem over wireless which is notoriously unreliable. It's just not safe and the effort to go get a USB cable would be well worth it for your expensive smartphone.
Leoroy55
Syavash

Title

root browser is alse needed to simply view hidden sys folders in SD!
if you can damage the phone from usb, why not to do this with WiFi? XD
+1
Syavash
pgng

Title

AirDoid should just give a disclaimer. I personally feel that my expensive android device and wifi are reliable enough to take this risk. If your external sd card is mounted /mnt/emmc you cannot access it via AirDroid. It would be really nice to have a "root" mode for those of us that do not appreciate cables.
pgng
GreenAce92

Title

I think can set Options to Enable/Disable Root browser like "Root Explorer", for Rooted phone default is Disable, for not Rooted this option unavailable
GreenAce92
pakun

Title

Great idea to include Root Browser. The first thing I tried when I installed this Wonderful APP.
pakun
ajmalmajidp

Title

i definitely like this idea. I think it would be really good just so i can copy files to my sd card. Im not very confident with terminal emulator and binding my sd card to a folder in my internal storage so this would be a big help.
ajmalmajidp
waw

Title

Yes good idea!
For example, on my Asus Eee Pad Transformer I can't upload anything on my SD Card because the path is:
/Removable and I don't have access to this path :(

Add an option for acces to / or a button for go to the parent directory.
waw
yarragav

Title

I support this.
yarragav
cthunder

Title

@TheDude: I have the same issue -- I want to manage files on my External SD card located at mnt/emmc (Samsung Galaxy S - using Slim ICS Rom). My external card is much larger than my internal, and therefore has most of my media files.
Root access, or at least adding different mounts (i.e. detecting External SD card mount point) to the file manager path selection would be a plus...
cthunder
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235470

Latest Member: SaraM1980

Online: 82