Connection over USB

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 am in Feature Requests

page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
mara

Title

On Android 2.1 or less, tethering is not available. And if you don't need adb for other purposes, it seems a bit workey to install it just for this. I use MyPhoneExplorer now, and it works fine via USB. I anyhow have the phone connected to charge, so why not have data connectivity as well?
mara
awalden

Title

jimmygoska

[s]Great advice works perfectly on mac ADB. [/s]
But yes indeed add the usb feature like they have at the competetion app lazydroid. Seems a bit like hard work that you have to create an application for windows/linux/osx

Correction. Doesnt work very well with ADB for mac. I can login but then it just stands still and i cant realy do anything but login again and again.
awalden
awalden

Title

awalden
rabstar

Title

Even better than a USB Connection would be a could connection like with Mighty text and all the other text from PC apps
rabstar
ikia

Title

I'd love the option to do this over USB.
ikia
kmokhtar79

Title

The possibility to use airdroid functions with an USB would be really great!!!!
kmokhtar79
july

Title

The adb forward does not work for me. I have the drivers installed, and I
can see my device. Do I have to enter all those comands one after the
other? anyone has a how to? I have wifi enabled but it is not connected
to any device at work.... I cannot enable tether since I dont have a tether account and the phone errors out when I select those...
july
alfredtessman

Title

I don't think that it can be done.with now, airdroid works with tcp/ip connection, but if you want to work over usb, that means airdroid has to become a application running on PC, or it can't handle the data from usb.
alfredtessman
RicardoH

Title

the bulk of the world's population live in developing countries where internet connectivity is primitive and insanely expensive, yet we get sabotaged by iCloud-type of phones and computers that simply don't allow for tried and tested usb or bluetooth connections as nokia had been doing for two decades. We urgently need to have a dutchuncle talk with developers as they are oit of touch with reality. A real world exists outside of US/Europe, where blackberry sees its market skyrocket and where people depend upon computers for their survival. Syncing music and pictures not being a requirement, we do need sync betwwen contacts, tasks, calendars and mail.

How do I do this between Ubuntu Linux and Airdroid without internet? Can I set up a galaxy s3 as a wifi hotspot and sync wirelessly with my laptop?

I still need to buy an android phone and I need to know beforehand.

My three Nokias don't sync properly via Google, so I wasted money that aren't reliable.
RicardoH
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235047

Latest Member: rishita Chanu

Online: 29