Access over 3G/whatever

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
kokesh
OP

Access over 3G/whatever

Would there be a chance to implement remote access over web.airdroid.com via mobile data? Right now I am out of WiFi reach and can't write SMS on the real keyboard and it is quite frustrating :)
kokesh
naslucifer

Title

would be great! I haven't wifi at home
naslucifer
skiz

Title

I believe you can do this through tethering...but truly over mobile data would be way better
skiz
kascor

Title

I do have WiFi, but it is better for example in my work, where I have several networks and my phone is allowed only in the "visitor" network.
kascor
ctytmdvmbl

Title

+1
ctytmdvmbl
ls1900

Title

so much more efficient to plug your phone in usb that's work great

the thing its over 3g could be great (i like it too) but i think it's chnge too much thing to ask this now ...

after if a developper can it would be great :-)
ls1900
the_cold_1

Title

You can't do this with tethering/hotspot. If one would implement access over the mobiledata network it would open up tons of new possibilites. For example, at my place of work I am not allowed to have any electronics with recording capabilities with me into the production area.

I have to lock my phone away before entering. But I have access to computers and the internet, it's where I do most of my work. So I could just hook airdroid up and sit by the PC (in secret since airdroid is not known yet) and text my friends/family et.c.

Also this would allow access to your phone as long as you know its IP adress from any computer on the planet with access to the internet. So if you forget your phone at home, just log onto its IP adress and receive/send texts as usual.

It would be a very practical feature.

Please work on it? :)

Regards /Lip
the_cold_1
the_cold_1

Title

Also; Tethering and Hotspot connection just works on your LAN as usual.

This app is currently only supporting Local Area Network connections to it. If it would allow external connections to verified by passwords et.c. it would be extremly sweet. This is already one of the best apps I've encountered. I love the idea and regret I didn't think of it first :D

Developing such a feature has a few risks to it though. Security. Datatransfer charges.
So on and so forth. But its all worth it. For those who have unlimited data plans with their respective phoneservice company it would be the most awesome feature ever.

Imagine being low on battery but have to go to work or something? Leave the phone charging at home, log onto it from work and have fun.

PS. Sorry for the double post, didn't notice the edit button at all.
the_cold_1
capochef

Title

+1
capochef
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235397

Latest Member: jakel walker